Monday, March 9, 2009

Art Show Day 1

I know the photo sucks, but bear with me...it is a bit chilly outside and I don't feel like messing with tons of photos to get the right one when this is just a first day sort of progress report. So here is the First Day product! (Keep in mind this puppy is only 8"x8", which is soooo tiny for me.

The theme is "roots" so I have quite a bit planned for this one. The background is the my poor attempt at the Fibonacci spiral...what part of it will fit on a square canvas at least. I also plan do do a bunch of perfect square numbers in the borders. I have some coral collage cut out for the sides and for the birdies mouth. I have to add color to his eye, the flower pots and some more texture to his body today. I hope to finish up in a week or so...working only a few hours per day. I am sure that I will get to a point where I don't like it this week sometime and put it in painting time out for a week or so. I am not sure if I like it yet. We will see what Day 2 brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!