Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whats up with me today

Do you ever hear a song on a commercial and want to shake the hand of the person that thought up that winning combination? That has happened to me more and more recently. the first time that I noticed it was when UPS started using songs from "The Postal Service". I love The Postal Service and have often wondered how many people out there caught the connection and thought it as clever as I did. Probably not many, but they are out there!

Today, while updating my last post, I caught a Crayola commercial using a song by "The Unicorns", which is a band that I don't think is around anymore...under that name anyways, but I loved them just the same. I was so proud of that selection! The commercial had my undivided attention. You should totally look them up on Wikipedia and try to get some downloads of them.

--------------------

ART Show update:
I have finished my two paintings for the Bakersfield Museum of Art Visual Arts Festival. Whew - mouthful. I have to coat them up and make them all shiny and then sit on them for a month or so until I can submit them. That will be the hard part. I don't want to wait. I am satisfied with them though. I might do some more pics of them...but I don't want to spoil all of the surprises.

My big plan this year is to enter at least 10 Art shows... most online, some in person. I am 3 months behind already so I better get a crackin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!