Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finally, Asymetry!

Ok, so here is my first attempt at both an asymetrical and a drop necklace. I call it, "Bird Droppings". It is made of a shell circular bead and some hematite beads that I got for another necklace. It works great as a choker, and I will definitely be keeping this one if it does not sell. I didnt get any head pins when I was out though, so I have had to get creative with finishing and dropping my pieces. I also need some new hardware and tools. I splurged on a mini tool set to get me going, but they are really cheap quality (What can you expect for $6..)
I am getting into this bird theme. I have got all kinds of bird charms to get me inspired and have even put off a trip to the store this weekend to try to focus on completing some pieces for next week sales opportunities. I would like to try to come up with a wire wrapped cage scenario to hold in this little flat bird charm that I found too. I will do some reading and tutorial searching soon to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!